Post your job or look for a job here. $10 for a 3 month posting!
If interested, go to the contacts page and send us your posting. We accept cheques or PayPal. Click the "Buy Now" button to pay via PayPal.
Colwood Pentecostal Church Learning Tree Preschool
Sub teachers needed
holding current ECE license
Please e-mail Cheryl
March 22, 2017
Message: Preschool Educator
Learning through play...everyday!
Our Children's Centre Society (OCCS) is recruiting for a Preschool Educator in our 3-5 program for a short term contract of 3 months with the possibility of extending the contract for 12 months for a maternity contract in our Toddler Program.
We are looking for a professional, enthusiastic and dedicated individual who wants to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families. This position reports to the Senior Educator.
OCCS is a non-profit licensed group daycare which provides quality, accessible and affordable childcare for families in the community. The Centre promotes physical, emotional, cognitive and social growth, and development of each child. OCCS strives to ensure the highest quality care, safety and security of all children while allowing parents to be supported in the continuance of their careers. OCCS is an award-winning daycare centre in Victoria, B.C. At OCCS, we pride ourselves on excellence, and putting education and development of our children first and foremost.
Our educators are top-notch and you will be joining a team that is passionate about child development in a learning through play environment.
Some of the exciting things that you will do as a preschool Educator include, but are not limited to:
• Implementation of the preschool program at OCCS which promotes the development and learning of the children in a creative, play-based emergent curriculum.
• Ensure OCCS policies and philosophies are implemented and adhered to by staff and guests of the Centre. In co-operation with the manager, staff and Board of Directors, ensure the on-going maintenance of program policies and philosophies as they relate to common ECE practices and procedures;
• Ensure the safety and healthy development of children
We are looking for an individual with the following qualifications:
• Early Childhood Education certificate, I/T certification would be an asset.
• Experience working with children in a child care/recreational setting.
• Experience overseeing a program in a child care/recreational setting.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive, effective relationships with children, staff and families.
• Knowledge of legislation, policies and procedures governing childcare facilities (i.e. Provincial Childcare Facilities Act, VIHA licensing, etc.).
• Strong organization skills and customer service skills.
Hours: 7.5 hours per day – Monday - Friday
Salary Range: In accordance with current wage scale- See Personnel Manual http://ourchildrenscentre.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Personnel_Policy_July2015.pdf
Deadline: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications by April 24th 2017 .
Approximate Start Date: June 1st 2017
Applications to: Submit resume and cover letter to Erin Waddell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, due to limited resources, we are only able to contact short-listed candidates.
Miles of Smiles Nature Junior Kindergarten in Colwood and in Sooke are happy licensed group care centers providing full day school for children ages 3 – 5. We also have a nature based Tiny Seeds Infant & Toddler Program in our Sooke location for ages 0-36month. We are a nature based school that is held mainly outdoors. We are a Reggio Emilia Influenced school where we turn children into nature detectives!
We are currently looking for a long term caring energetic Early Childhood Educators who are enthusiastic, committed, organized, reliable, who understand child development, loves exploring outdoors. Someone who can multi task and who has a lot of patience, warmth and is a keen observer, documenter and partner in the learning process.
Job Titles: Early Childhood Educator, Early Childhood Educator Assistant, Early Childhood Educator with Infant & Toddler Certification, Early Childhood Educator Substitutes
Level/Salary: based on credentials, 4 weeks per year paid holidays after 3 month probation
Position Types: 2 Full Time positions, 3 Part Time positions. 3 Subbing positions available as well.
Resume Accepted By: email: email@example.com
Early Childhood Education Certificate
Early Childhood Education Assistant Certificate
Infant & Toddler Program Certificate
BC License to Practice as an Early Childhood Educator
BC License to Practice as an Early Childhood Educator Assistant
First Aid Certificate
2 Letters of reference
Clear Criminal Record Check Immunization Status Form
Shift: Monday to Friday. Hour of shifts vary for each centre. For more detailed description of each position and hours please email. Subbing is various shifts
Job Purpose: Program Responsibilities
· Develop and implement activities in our outdoor and indoor classrooms for children between 3 and 5 years of age at Miles of Smiles Nature Junior Kindergarten
· Develop and implement activities in our classroom for children between 0 and 36month of age in our infant & toddler program
· Allow children to ask their own questions and generate their own hypothesis and to test them, to explore and generate many possibilities both affirming and contradictory. Welcomes contradictions as a venue for exploring, discussing and debating
· Provides opportunity for the children to communicate their ideas to others
· Offers children through the process of revisiting the opportunity to reorganize concepts, ideas, thoughts and theories to construct new meaning
· Follow and maintain daily routines using the philosophy of Miles of Smiles Nature Junior Kindergarten
· Communicate daily with parents
NOTICE OF POSITION AVAILABILITY
On Call Child Care Worker
POSITION AVAILABLE: On Call Child Care Worker
PROGRAM NAME: Children’s Services
WORKSITE ADDRESS: 1309 Hillside Avenue
PERSONAL AUTO USE IS: not required
HOURS PER WEEK: on call as needed for staff vacation/illness/absences.
STARTING SHIFT SCHEDULE: As determined by need
START DATE: ASAP
STARTING WAGE: $15.51 per hour
NATURE OF POSITION: This is an on call position that may lead to future long term employment
EXPERIENCE: one (1) year experience working with children in a group setting
First Aid, CPR
Ability to qualify for Early Childhood Educator Assistant or Early Childhood Educator license in BC, Special Needs certificate and /or Infant/Toddler certificate
Class 4 license
Experience with children with diverse abilities
PLEASE FORWARD APPLICATIONS TO THE ATTENTION OF:
Manager of Children’s Services
The Cridge Centre for the Family,
1309 Hillside Ave Victoria BC V8T 2B3
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO MALE AND FEMALE APPLICANTS.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES UNION MEMBERSHIP.
A COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION IS AVAILABLE FROM THE PROGRAM MANAGER.